As you can see from the title of this post, now I will tell you my experience as a DIY camper of the 30-hour famine.
It was all out of don't know what kind of thinking I had during last semester, I wanted so much to join this camp. I didn't know about this camp at all, and then I started to find out more.
Before they started the registration, I was so excited (don't know why) and everyday, checked out their wedsite to see any new announcement from them. I even went and asked my friend who joined the camp for previous year her experience - what they did and how does it felt. FYI, I even bookmarked the link.
As many of you may know, this event is organised to fight hunger and poverty. And us, as a person should feel blessed to have sufficient food, clean water, comfortable environment and also provided with education. I'm not going to elaborate much about how those poor kids in all around the world live, you can find out by searching through Youtube.
For the first day of camp, I started not to eat at 9am. Then they divided us into groups and started the ice-breaking session at Audi 6. This DIY camp was organised by Sunway Volunteer Society. Based on what I found out from my friend previously joined the camp, the SVS committee has no more new ideas for the games. Firstly it's those small little games around campus, next will be walk around Sunway Pyramid to find what the question they gave ask for, took picture and show it to the camp leader. It's really wasting energy and annoying for me, because when I'm hungry I will feel dizzy and have a fast heartbeat.
After those games, they gave out our 'meal' which is only some carbonated drinks, mineral water and soya drink. That was what I had for the 30-hour fasting.
Then we have our resting time for few hours. They let us bathe, rest, discuss our sketch with our group members and they also on movie in the auditorium for those who want to rest there. And now I am so proud of my campus that they actually have bathroom on the floor that people seldom go. The bathroom is with water heater, just like my house. Shhhh~ Don't let people know where it is at. Haha.
At night we shifted to Audi 7 to have our night there. We had our sketch and sleep there. So, I had a night of girls talk with Mandy, just two of us. :)
The next day, we were being waken up by the committee at 5.30am because the bus will reach at 7am to Bukit Jalil. They did not wake us up one by one or use the mic to speak loudly. They used a great way which do not need much energy, which was by switching on the light! OMG! Cruel!
We attended the countdown session which all the hungry people was there. With all the artists, singers, idols etc, they entertained us while counting down for break fast at 4pm.
To list down, Wayne, Jason, Meiyan, Jinnyboy & Reuben, Henley, Xiao Yu, William and etc as host of the event. Singers we have, Bell Yu Tian, Ke Qing, Geraldine & Jie Ying the BFF, T4C, Yise, Liyana Fizi, Athena, Kit Teo etc (see below for more).
The handsome Rynn Lim ( I always say he's my cousin), but now I wanna say he's my lover! He's becoming so manly because of the age. LOVE!
And of course the ambassador of Malaysia 30-Hour Famine 2013
Christine Fan! She's beautiful and inspiring as always, just like an angel. Nobody wouldn't love her! :)
The people there were so high, enjoying themselves although all of us inside the stadium was hungry! What a spirit. The touching moment was when we countdown from 9 to 3, 2, 1, 0! I felt like crying when they showed the words 'Congratulations, you did it!' You won't understand the feeling until you fight hunger with everyone together like this!
As a conclusion from this camp, I learned to appreciate things that I have and also understand the feeling of hunger that is suffering by the poor from all around the world. This is really a great experience and I've made new friends there! :) Continue doing it people! Help the poor and appreciate what you have.
♥




No comments:
Post a Comment