Giving out

Just wanna talk about something that happened to people around me recently. Not something serious but it's about the sincerity of people.

It's very common for people to have gift exchange session during Christmas celebration with friends or family. Although we are celebrating Christmas for the sake of celebrating, my family still do this every year and its our tradition already. My cousin plan this every year coz of wanting to gather everyone on this day so that we meet up, update on our lives and just, get together.

I started thinking of what to buy since a month ago, since they announced the time and venue of party. I know it's so hard to buy a present which suits the young and old, lady and man. Thus this give us another challenging reason to show our sincerity and giving with love and unconditionally.

Found my first gift idea finally after my exam. That was a random idea coz I'm actually using that product also and I find it useful, for everyone. So I bought it happily but the price doesn't meet the condition.

Then the second thing I found it at First World Plaza when spending time at Genting Highlands. It's not something cheap or expensive, it's just not about the price. It's from the bottom of my heart, hoping it's useful for the person who got it.

At last I'm done with my gift and followed up with wrapping the gifts. Put them in a box and wrap it up.

During gift exchange, we have many different categories. First one is door gifts by one of the aunts - for the other aunts and uncles. Followed by door gifts from one of the cousins to all the cousins.

So when we heard of door gifts, it's not exchangeable for anything. It's a gift. Means on that day itself, we'll get two presents. One of my cousins is creative enough to make a wheel with numbers on it so that we can spin to see which one we get. It's our first try on this.

The story is here.

I don't wanna mention which family is giving out door gifts, but their presents were all in same wrapping paper so we can easily identify it.

After all the receiving present thing is done, everyone started to open up their present. At first I did not feel like opening at my aunt's house, but my mum say open lah let everyone see and share. So I opened up. The first one I open is door gift. I got the biggest size one so everyone was looking. When I took out, it was a beautiful lunch box made of steel, not the one we usually see but it was kinda like tradition one.

Before I open this gift, I asked one of the family members who giving out this door gift, what is that. And she honestly told me that there is actually a part of it has defect coz dropped on the floor before and whatsoever. Then I was like, 'Ohhh I see, nvm la, I open it up and see how.'

I made a mistake. I did not check on the spot and I passed it to my grandma, coz I definitely won't be using this thing, only my grandma house, always got many people tapao-ing food from there. The next day I went to grandma house only my aunt asked to open it up and have a look. 

OMG it's not small defect people. It has already rusted and you can't use it at all. Although only one small part of a layer is rusted, but you won't dare to use it ok. It only looks nice on the outside. So my aunt took it and say it's for decoration at her house.

And you know, that gift is from Maybank actually. Something like you receive gift when you working for an event of the company. That's why their family has so many gifts to give out as door gifts. Everyone in the family thought everything is from Taiwan coz they came back from Taiwan weeks ago.

I know I'm ranting and complaining so much here but it's really important to know what you wanna give.

Not only this, my sister's door gift is a glass mug with lid. When she opened it, the lid has defect also which was already broken. I would also say she's unlucky, she got the gift from the same family (who gave out door gifts) during gift exchange session. 

She got a Hello Kitty tumbler which looks nice when it's inside the box. But the moment she sees Hello Kitty, she felt a little disgusted coz she doesn't like it. She opened it up and actually check, can see the tumbler has been used before, got some coffee/tea smell, then the rubber on the cover turned yellowish, and also the part where you put your mouth to drink has actually rusted.

At last, her gift needs to be recycled too.

Not only ours, the others has some problem with it too.

It's not that I wanna complain or what, just want to say that giving out need to be from your heart and I don't care whether your tumbler has been used before or not. I don't ask for a new gift but at least, it is in good condition to be in use, and it actually suits the person receiving it.

I think that they should give out in another way, but maybe not like this. The family members are guessing that they were doing spring cleaning so there's so many things to be given out. But I think if that's some old thing that you don't want, you can pack and ask whether any one wants it, but not in this gift exchange session. Some of them might feel 'cheated' coz although it's not about the value, but what you received can't be use at all.

So long didn't write so much about certain thing but it's actually worth to share with everyone. 

Suggestion has been given to my cousin who organise events for the family. Secret Santa is a nice theme to be used. Hope idea is being considered.

Love life

No comments:

Post a Comment